Reporting to our Legal Director, you will manage the contracts for both Teams and Drivers, develop and manage our internal compliance function, and assist in the review and implementation of our sporting and technical regulations.
W Series is the ground breaking racing series for women that launched in October 2018 – the first and only women’s race championship in the world.
Our goal at W Series is to take ownership of the female motorsport space and provide multiple platforms for the next generation of female drivers, empowering them to pursue greatness in their field of choice and attracting a new fan base to the sport.
- Take ownership of Teams/Driver contracts, to include drafting, negotiation and review.
- Ensure the Teams/Drivers meet their contractual obligations and follow up on any breaches.
- Understand the contractual structures in place, their implementation and obligations, including arrangements with event organisers/partners/contractors.
- Draft and understand commercial contracts.
- Maintain current and extensive knowledge of the relevant laws and regulatory guidelines in the UK and beyond in territories which we do/may do business.
- Investigate and report on proposed new locations.
- Assist in the review, development and implementation of our sporting and technical regulations.
- Own and lead the compliance and risk framework.
- Monitor and report on all compliance matters, including identifying and mitigating emerging risks, and conducting internal reviews and audits to ensure compliance.
- Lead and manage existing compliance topics (e.g. GDPR, Human Rights, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Safeguarding etc.)
- Communicate, train and raise awareness on compliance topics and requirements.
- Oversee and complete due diligence checks.
- Maintain clear standards of business and ethical conduct.
- Support in house legal department function as may arise.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- 4+ years PQE as a qualified and experienced solicitor, working in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of commercial contracts
- Strong GDPR and safeguarding knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and organisation skills
- Sporting background (ideally motorsport)
- Actively monitoring contractual compliance.
- Working as a compliance leader, with a strong understanding of relevant UK regulatory rules
- Drafting commercial contracts
- Conducting risk assessments
- Developing best practice governance, procedures and policies which protect the business from risk (including preparation and review of contract specimen, regulatory procedures, standard templates and approval processes)
- Passion for sport – including motorsport
- Excited by being part of a growing business
- Approachable and diplomatic
- Truly live our values of equality and inclusion
- Copes well under pressure and resilient
Closing date is 23 April 2021.
We’re all working safely from home right now, but when we do start to slowly return to the office, we’re happy to consider flexible working. Please outline your preference in your covering letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at W Series.